- Samuel J. Leeming (co-supervised durch Christoph Hahn & Maarten P. M. Vanhove): Deep evolutionary relationships of Monogenea based on whole genome sequences: a window on how parasitic flatworms colonized vertebrate hosts
- Andrea Lienhard: Phylogenetic and biogeographic history of Caribbean, Middle American and Bermudean oribatid mites
- Maximilian Wagner: Patterns of population differentiation, diversification and speciation in a lineage of cryptobenthic Mediterranean fishes
- Nadine Klar: Genetic diversity and population differentiation of an intertidal cryptobenthic clingfish genus
- Christian Pacher: Microplastics in shore sediments: How to find a suitable sampling plot
- Mario Poglitsch (co-supervised by Christoph Hahn): Identification and species delimitation of Austrian Gyrodactylus fish parasites based on morphology
- Nadine Klar: project BIO-PLANBAR
- Lorenz Wido Gunczy: project BIO-PLANBAR
- Elisabeth Huber: project BIO-PLANBAR
- Sylvia Schäffer: ABOL (Austrian Barcode Of Life)
- Sylvia Schäffer (Post Doc): ABOL (Austrian Barcode Of Life)
- Maarten Van Steenberge (Post Doc): Systematics and phylogeography of the Lake Tanganyika cichlid genus Tropheus
- Lukas Zangl (PhD-student): DNA-barcoding of Austria's biodiversity
- Ilja Svetnik (MSc-student): Red list and DNA barcoding of Styrian and Carinthian centipedes
- David Fröhlich (MSc-student): Sexual dimorphism in wing venation and cuticular hydrocarbons in Chrysididae (Hymenoptera)
- Christian Arnold Schöggl (MSc-student): Phylogeny of the African freshwater lates perches (Latidae: Lates)
- Maximilian Wagner (MSc-student): New insights into the phylogeography and evolutionary history of two Mediterranean clingfish genera (Teleostei, Gobiesocidae)
- Alexander Kostmann (MSc-student): DNA barcoding of Austrian eulipothyplans
- Anna Lena Hofstätter (MSc-student): DNA barcoding of Austrian rodents
- Sandra Bracun (MSc-student): Seasonal growth patterns of Cymodocea nodosa and abundance patterns of its epiphytes in relation to water depth in the northern Adriatic Sea.
- Lukas Zangl (MSc-student): Genetic diversity of gudgeons in the Austrian Danube System
- Daniel Daill (MSc-student): DNA barcoding of the Austrian herpetofauna
- Johannes Salvenmoser (MSc-student): Seasonal growth patterns of Cymodocea nodosa (Ucria) Ascherson and abundance patterns of the associated vagile macro- and megafauna at two different sites in the Northern Adriatic Sea.
- Matthias Weissensteiner (MSc-student): Morphological and genetic differences of two subspecies of the Masked Bunting Emberiza spodocephala in far eastern Russia.
- Peter Zoppoth (MSc-student): Molecular genetic analyses and behavioural observations on different colour morphs of the Lake Tanganyika cichlid genus Tropheus.
- Cornelia Heinrich (MSc-student): Puppies' behavior in play during the fourth to the eighth week of life, comparing puppies of two breeds, Chihuahua and Australian Shepherd.
- Sara Weiss (MSc-student): Population genetics of the triplefin blenny Tripterygion tripteronotus in the north-eastern Adriatic Sea.