- Examiner of a 'Habilitation' (postdoctoral) thesis for Humboldt University, Berlin (2008).
- Examiner of a MPhil thesis, for the University of Hull, UK (2002).
- Examiner of a MA thesis, for Monash University (1999).
- Examiner of a Ph.D thesis, for Deakin University, Australia (1996).
Member of the Editorial Board of the Grazer Philosophische Studien - International Journal for Analytic Philosophy (since 2015).
Member of the Board of Editorial Consultants of the History of Philosophy Quarterly for a standard three-year term (2002 to 2005).
- University of Wrocław, Department of Philosophy (2014).
- University of Mainz, Department of Philosophy (Prof. Dr. Heiner F. Klemme). Part of the ERASMUS agreement was Prof. Klemme's visit in Graz (18-22 June 2012).
Australasian Journal of Philosophy, Journal of the History of Philosophy, History of Philosophy Quarterly, International Journal of Philosophical Studies, Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, Journal of the History of Ideas, Locke Studies, British Journal for the History of Philosophy, Canadian Journal of Philosophy, History of Intellectual Culture, History of European Ideas, History of the Human Sciences, Kant-Studien, Logical Analysis and History of Philosophy, Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences, Grazer Philosophische Studien, Mind, American Political Science Review, Journal of Early Modern Studies.
- Princeton University Press (book typescript 2010).
- Oxford University Press (book proposals 2006, 2007 and 2013; contributions to Oxford Bibliographies September 2012, a book proposal 2016).
- Blackwell Publishing (a book proposal, 2005).
- Cambridge University Press (book typescripts, 1995, 1998 and 2000; edited collections 1998, 2000, 2001 and 2002; a book proposal 2000).
- Kluwer (contributions to an edited collection 1991).
- The Royal Society of Canada (RSC). Report on the nomination for the membership of the College of New Scholars, Artists & Scientists (2016).
- Referee for the Kant-Gesellschaft. Submitted conference papers for the International Kant Congress in Vienna (2015).
- Referee for The Research Foundation - Flanders (FWO). Research grant application for a Postdoctoral Fellowshop (2015).
- Referee for the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Bonn. Six reports on applications for a scholarship in Philosophy (2015).
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Bonn/Berlin. Report on an application for a research Fellowship (2015).
- Referee for the Dutch Seminar in Early Modern Philosophy, Groningen. Eight submitted abstracts (2013).
- Assessor for the College at Brockport, State University of New York. Position of a "Distinguished Professor" in Philosophy (2013).
- Assessor for the Duke August Library Research Centre, Wolfenbüttel. Research grant applications (2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2011, 2013 repeatedly).
- Assessor for the Austrian Wissenschaftsfonds FWF, Vienna. Research grant application - Hertha Firnberg Programme (2010).
- Assessor for the Gotha Research Centre for Studies in the Cultural and Social Sciences. Research grant application (2009).
- Assessor for the Swiss National Science Foundation. Research grant application (2008).
- Referee for the International Hume Society. Submitted conference papers (2005, 2006, 2007).
- Outside evaluator for tenure appointment decisions at the Department of Philosophy, Yale University (2004 and 2005).
- Assessor for the Australian Research Council. Large Grant applications (1995, 2005).
- Member of the Commission for the selection of candidates for the program P.R.I.M.E. (Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience) of the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) in Bonn. Conference of selection on 24 June 2015.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the learned Journal Grazer Philosophische Studien - Zeitschrift für analytische Philosophie (since 2015)
- Department of Philosophy at the University of Wrocław/Breslau - ERASMUS (2014)
- Department of Philosophy at the University of Mainz (Prof. Dr. Heiner F. Klemme) - ERASMUS (2012)
- History of Philosophy Quarterly, USA (2003-2005)
- Knud Haakonssen (Max-Weber-Institute, Erfurt, Germany)
- Gideon Stiening (University of Munich, Germany)
- Galen Strawson (University of Reading, Great Britain)