Professor Peter Puschnig
Peter Puschnig is Associate Professor in Theoretical Solid State Physics working at the Institute of Physics at the University of Graz. In his research group, he is dealing with ab-initio electronic structure calculations based on density functional theory (DFT) and its application to crystalline solids, surfaces and interfaces. In recent years, the focus has been on understanding the electronic properties of organic/metal interfaces and in the development of photoemission orbital tomography. He is teaching various theory courses in the Bachelor's and Master's study programmes in physics.
- On October 25th, 2022 the ERC has announced that our synergy grant "Orbital Cinema" gets funded!
- Paper published in Science Advances (July 2022): Haags et al., Momentum space imaging of σ orbitals for chemical analysis
- Find out more about the Workshop "Photoemission Tomography: Applications and Future Developments" taking place from 25 Oct - 27 Oct 2021 in Bad Honnef (Germany) and register for it by 5 September 2021.
- Paper published in Science: Wallauer et. al, Tracing orbital images on ultrafast time scales
- kMap.py released: Check out the paper in Computer Physics Communications, download the code from github, view the youtube tutorial or learn more about Photoemission Orbital Tomography on wikipedia.