Senior Scientist Mag. Dr. Heimo Wolinski
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, University of Graz
Orchid.org ID: orcid.org/0000-0002-1583-6092
1998 Diploma in Botany, Institute of Botany, University of Graz, Austria.
2002 Ph.D. thesis in Botany, Institute of Botany, University of Graz, Austria.
2003-2007 Post-Doctoral fellow, Institute of Molecular Biosciences, University of Graz, Austria. Kohlwein Group.
2008-2011 Assistant professor, Institute of Molecular Biosciences, University of Graz, Austria. Kohlwein Group.
2011- Senior Scientist (permanent position approved 2015), Institute of Molecular Biosciences, University of Graz, Austria.
Scientific head of the Optical Imaging Resource of the IMB-Graz.
- Field of Excellence 'Biohealth' of the University of Graz - Research Field Energy & Lipid Metabolism (assoc. member)
- SFB 'Lipid Hydrolysis', (FWF; 2018 - )
- Study of subcellulat protein targeting by confocal laser scanning mircoscopy (FWF project to T. Werner; 2017 - )
- Hyperhomocysteinemia and atherosclerosis: molecular mechanisms and pathophysiology (FWF project to O. Tehlivets).
- In the framework of BioTechMed-Graz.
- Fatty acid induced lipotoxicity in yeast (FWF; to S.D. Kohlwein).
- Genomics of lipid-associated disorders III (GOLD III, component 10 to SD. Kohlwein and H. Wolinski; 'GEN-AU Genomforschung in Österreich', bm:bwk).
- Identification of essential proteins involved in peroxisome and lipid droplet biogenesis in yeast (FWF; to S.D. Kohlwein).
- MOL.889UB. Molecular and Cellular Imaging (lecture). VO, 2h. Obligatory subject. H. Wolinski.
- MOL.890UB. Molecular and Cellular Imaging (lab course). LU, 2h. H. Wolinski.
- MOL.870UB / Wolinski: Digital Image Processing and Analysis in Life Sciences. VU, 1h.
- MOL.832_2UB Project Lab course Biochemistry and Molecular Biomedicine.
- MOL.606_2UB Bachelor’s Thesis.
- 647.510 Graduate Workshop in Molecular Enzymology.
- MOL.831 UB Lab-Course in Cell Biology.
Specialized academic education
- Project management and acquisition
- Conflict prevention
- Basics in didactics - teaching and learning in higher education
- Gender & diversity
Honors and awards
- 2001 Gandolph-Doelter Research Fellowship of the Natural Faculty of Science, University of Graz.
- 2012 Best short talk award. 4th International Graz Symposium on Lipid and Membrane Biology. Austria.
- 2014 Best poster award. 5th International Graz Symposium on Lipid and Membrane Biology. Austria.
- Progress in Lipid Research
- Molecular Metabolism
- Scientific Reports
- Journal of Lipid Research
- Development and Disease
- BBA - Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids
- Bioresource Technology
- FEMS Yeast Research
- Journal of Biophotonics
- Applied Sciences
- Journal of Microbiological Methods
- PLOS ONE
- Analytical Chemistry
Heimo WolinskiSenior Scientist
Humboldtstrasse 50/2, A-8010 Graz