- Fundamental Rights Protection Online: The Future Regulation of Intermediaries (co-edited with Tuomas Ojanen), Edward Edgar, 2020.
- Privacy and the City: How Data Shapes City Identities, co-authored with Ira Rubinstein, NYU Press, forthcoming.
- Governing Privacy in the Datafied City, Fordham Urban Law Journal, (with Ira Rubinstein), July 2020.
- Privacy as Europe’s First Amendment, 25 European Law Journal 2, (2019).
- Federalism, Rights and Backlash: Toward a New Research Agenda (with Thomas Kleinlein) co-editors of symposium issue, International Journal of Constitutional Law, 16: 4 (2017).
- Domesticating the “Foreign” in Making Data Privacy Law, International Journal of Constitutional Law, 16: 4 (2017).
- Reining in the Big Promise of Big Data: Transparency, Inequality, and New Regulatory Frontiers, Northwestern Journal of technology and Intellectual Property, 2017 (with Philipp Hacker)
- The Safeguards of Privacy Federalism, Lewis & Clark Law Review 20:2, (2016).
- Towards and Internal Hierarchy of Values in the EU Legal Order. Balancing the Freedom of Speech and Data Privacy, Maastricht Journal of European and Comparative Law, 23:3, (2016).
- Judicial Appointments: The Article 255 TFEU Advisory Panel and Selection Procedures in the Member States. Common Market Law Review, Vol. 51, No. 2, pp. 455-482, 2014 (with Tomas Dumbrovsky and Marijn van der Sluis).
- The Notion of Consensus as a Route to Democratic Adjudication? The United States Supreme Court, the Court of Justice of the European Union and the European Court of Human Rights Compared, Cambridge Yearbook of European Law, Vol.14, 663-695, 2011-2012.
- Profiling and the Essence of the Right to Data Protection, in Cambridge Handbook of Consumer Privacy, J. Polonetsky, O. Tene & E. Selinger (eds.), Cambridge University Press, 2018 (with Franziska Boehm).
- The International Impact of the General Data Protection Regulation, in Commentary on the General Data Protection Regulation, Mark Cole & Franziska Boehm (eds.), Edward Elgar, 2018 (with Ira Rubinstein).
- Article 22 GDPR, in Commentary on the General Data Protection Regulation, Mark Cole & Franziska Boehm (eds.), commissioned for Edward Elgar.
- What Went Wrong with Opinion 2/13 on EU Accession to the European Convention of Human Rights: The Hidden Promise of Mutual Trust, in Judicial Power: How Courts Affect Political Transformations, Ch. Landfried (ed.), Cambridge University Press, 2019 (with Timothy Roes).
- Data Privacy Rights and Citizenship: Notes on Federalism All the Way Up, in Citizenship and Federalism in Europe: The Role of Rights, D. Kochenov (ed.), Cambridge University Press, 2017.
- Privacy Federalism in the US and the EU: The Role of State Institutions, in Surveillance, Privacy and Trans-Atlantic Relations, D. Cole, F. Fabbrini, S. Schulhofer (eds), Hart Publishing, 2016.
- Spill-Overs in Selecting Europe’s Judges: Will the Criterion of Gender Equality Make it to Luxembourg? in Selecting Europe’s Judges. A Critical Appraisal, M Bobek (ed.), Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Three Levels of Dialogue in Precedent Formation at the Court of Justice of the European Union and the European Court of Human Rights, in Human Rights Law in Europe: The influence, overlaps and contradictions of the European Union and the European Convention of Human Rights, K Dzehtsiarou et al. (eds), Routledge, 2013.
- The role and potential of civil society and human rights organizations through third party interventions before the European Courts: (with Sergio Carrera) in Judicial Activism at the European Court of Justice: Causes, Responses and Solutions, M Dawson et al. (eds.), Edward Elgar, 2012.
Bilyana PetkovaInstitute of the Foundations of Law
Universitätsstraße 15, B1
"Governing Privacy in the Datafied City", 2020